University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business, College Park, MD
Bachelor of Science: Finance and International Business (double major)
Project Management Professional Certificate
Professional Experience Summary
Yuen Boon is the MIRATEK Program Manager for the Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration Second Line of Defense program. Yuen supervises a team consisting of budget and operational analysts, and sustainability and contract support. Yuen heads the financial management of the Second Line of Defense’s $500M program budget for over 75 projects, and works daily with the Federal Staff and National Laboratories that support the program. Situated directly on site, Yuen and her team work closely with the Client and have built a solid foundation and relationship for Miratek at the Department of Energy.
Prior to joining MIRATEK, Yuen was a Finance Manager for American Diabetes, where she gained experience in the non-profit sector. She assisted in the annual budget process including planning, reviewing, and analysis of financial forecasts for several divisions. Yuen developed tools, templates, and models to enhance budgeting and forecasting software, procedures, and reports.
From 2002 through 2006, Yuen worked at Affiliated Computer Services dealing with State and Local Government contracting. She gained corporate finance experience and her last position held was Financial Planning & Analysis Manager. There she was responsible for the budget preparation and quarterly oversight of a $500 million line of business. Yuen prepared all corporate and business level financial reporting and compliance measurements along with conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis of all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results.
Yuen graduated from the University of Maryland with a double major in Finance and International Business. After graduation, she began her career with Arthur Andersen and was responsible for business valuation engagements including planning, budgeting, researching, and preparing deliverables. She performed customer and industry research to accurately identify and value various intangible assets.
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises awarded AEDC $13.6 Million Contract to provide High-Speed/Hypersonic (HS/H) Test and Evaluation (T&E) Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS)
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises awarded an initial $3.6 Million, One Year Base Period and two one-year option periods DOE NNSA GMS Contract
- MIRATEK diversifies into the Health Care industry providing Information Technology Support Services to Senior Quality Lifestyles (SQLC)
- MIRATEK Joint Venture is awarded two DOE NNSA NSDD Contracts
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises, PERTEK, wins $10M nation wide competitive IDC Contract