M.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1997, University of Tennessee Space Institute, Tullahoma, TN
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1985, University of Tennessee Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN
Professional Experience Summary
Wade Burfitt joined MIRATEK in 2008 bringing an in-depth background in program and project management; aerospace Test & Evaluation (T&E) technology development; and aeropropulsion T&E including high bypass commercial engines, supersonic fighter gas turbines, and hypersonic scramjets. Wade currently leads MIRATEK’s Program Management Support Contract for the DoD High Speed Systems Test (HSST) program at Arnold Engineering Development Center (AEDC), Arnold AFB, TN. HSST develops advanced T&E technologies for high-speed and hypersonic vehicles encompassing ground test, flight test, instrumentation and M&S codes.
Wade was formerly the lead for Aeropropulsion Long Range Planning at AEDC where he also served as the Chairman of the DoD Test Environments Reliance Panel, a tri-service committee responsible for evaluating the ground test facility needs nationwide. These roles followed a nineteen year career in gas turbine engine T&E and facility design and operation with the AEDC operating contractor.
- MIRATEK Joint Venture is awarded two DOE NNSA NSDD Contracts
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises, PERTEK, wins $10M nation wide competitive IDC Contract
- MIRATEK’s Fort Bliss Recycling Program Contract Team receives the Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB) 2015 1st Place Government Category Award
- ATAMIR WSMR – MIRATEK JV is featured in White Sand’s 2014 Post Guide
- MIRATEK Awards College Scholarships for Jefferson High School honor students