M.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1997, University of Tennessee Space Institute, Tullahoma, TN
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1985, University of Tennessee Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN
Professional Experience Summary
Wade Burfitt joined MIRATEK in 2008 bringing an in-depth background in program and project management; aerospace Test & Evaluation (T&E) technology development; and aeropropulsion T&E including high bypass commercial engines, supersonic fighter gas turbines, and hypersonic scramjets. Wade currently leads MIRATEK’s Program Management Support Contract for the DoD High Speed Systems Test (HSST) program at Arnold Engineering Development Center (AEDC), Arnold AFB, TN. HSST develops advanced T&E technologies for high-speed and hypersonic vehicles encompassing ground test, flight test, instrumentation and M&S codes.
Wade was formerly the lead for Aeropropulsion Long Range Planning at AEDC where he also served as the Chairman of the DoD Test Environments Reliance Panel, a tri-service committee responsible for evaluating the ground test facility needs nationwide. These roles followed a nineteen year career in gas turbine engine T&E and facility design and operation with the AEDC operating contractor.
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises awarded AEDC $13.6 Million Contract to provide High-Speed/Hypersonic (HS/H) Test and Evaluation (T&E) Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS)
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises awarded an initial $3.6 Million, One Year Base Period and two one-year option periods DOE NNSA GMS Contract
- MIRATEK diversifies into the Health Care industry providing Information Technology Support Services to Senior Quality Lifestyles (SQLC)
- MIRATEK Joint Venture is awarded two DOE NNSA NSDD Contracts
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises, PERTEK, wins $10M nation wide competitive IDC Contract