M.S. Aerospace Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
B.S. Aerospace Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
Professional Experience Summary
Doug has been with MIRATEK since January 2003. During that time he has server as a business developer, program manager, senior systems developer, and software engineer. Some of his projects include the Advanced Propulsion Test Technology Knowledge Management System for DOD, Work Planning and Control for Nuclear Facilities for DOE, and Corporate Digital Dashboards for Sandia National Laboratories (SNL) and Dell Corporation.
Prior to joining MIRATEK, Doug was the Vice President for Systems Development at Beta Corporation. In that position he developed cutting edge systems for DOE, DOD, and major corporations including Dell and Lockheed. Three of his major projects during that time were the Primary Hazard Screening system for SNL, the Radioactive and Chemical Waste Tracking System for Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the Environmental, Safety & Health System for Entergy Corporation. The Entergy system won the Dow Jones award for the best corporate ES&H system.
Previous to this, Doug was the Deputy Director for Program Management at the Air Force Research Laboratory at Kirtland AFB, NM. In this capacity, he managed numerous programs involved in the development of space-based strategic defense systems. While in the military, he also served as an instructor pilot, satellite launch guidance officer, and as a staff office in the Headquarters of the United States Air Force, and in the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, in the Pentagon.
Doug has over 30 years of experience in developing large, complex systems for major clients. This experience involves every facet of leadership and management to include planning, programming, budgeting, project controls, training, logistics and resource allocation. His experience and technical skills make him an outstanding asset for any client.
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises awarded AEDC $13.6 Million Contract to provide High-Speed/Hypersonic (HS/H) Test and Evaluation (T&E) Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS)
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises awarded an initial $3.6 Million, One Year Base Period and two one-year option periods DOE NNSA GMS Contract
- MIRATEK diversifies into the Health Care industry providing Information Technology Support Services to Senior Quality Lifestyles (SQLC)
- MIRATEK Joint Venture is awarded two DOE NNSA NSDD Contracts
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises, PERTEK, wins $10M nation wide competitive IDC Contract