BS; 1967; Mathematics; University of Texas at El Paso
MS; 1972; Physics; University of Texas at El Paso
DS; 1983; Environmental Engineering;Saint Lucia Health Sciences University Castries West Indies
Professional Experience Summary :
Associate Professor of Information Technology in the Department of Information and Decision Sciences. He is the founder Director of UTEP’s Research Center for Entrepreneurial Development Advancement and Research. Former NASA Faculty Fellow with the California Institute of Technology. Twenty-five years in developing and implementing information Technology for industry and government. Other areas of expertise include: E-Commerce, Smart Communities, Strategic use of IT, ERPs and CRMs.
Experience at MIRATEK Corporation:
Dr. Gemoets is a Principal and Head of Commercial Development for MIRATEK Corporation. Dr. Gemoets is responsible for strategic planning and corporate development of new markets for the firm’s products/services. One of his multiple areas of expertise focuses in analyzing and applying concepts of Supply Chain Management on the International Manufacturing Industry. Dr. Gemoets is responsible for the implementation of commercial IT projects to customers such as El Paso Energy, El Paso Electric Company, Delphi Automotive, Scientific Atlanta and CAPSONIC Automotive.
- Proud to announce MIRATEK is now ISO 9001:2015 certified!
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises awarded AEDC $13.6 Million Contract to provide High-Speed/Hypersonic (HS/H) Test and Evaluation (T&E) Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS)
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises awarded an initial $3.6 Million, One Year Base Period and two one-year option periods DOE NNSA GMS Contract
- MIRATEK diversifies into the Health Care industry providing Information Technology Support Services to Senior Quality Lifestyles (SQLC)
- MIRATEK Joint Venture is awarded two DOE NNSA NSDD Contracts