U.S. Hispanic-owned companies continue to surge by leaps and bounds, showing growth across all sectors; for more than two decades, the annual HispanicBusiness 500 directory has served as a barometer of the U.S. Hispanic economy.
The Top 20 Texas companies in the 2012 Hispanic Business 500 Ranking produced revenues of $5.62 billion in 2012, which was up an impressive 30.7 percent from the $4.3 billion they generated in 2010.
The top 20 companies employed 24,135 people, up an astounding 77 percent from the 13,633 people employed the year before.
A record 21 El Paso companies made the latest list of the largest Hispanic-owned companies in the United States published annually by Hispanic Business, an online magazine.
El Paso has more companies on this year’s Hispanic Business 500 than any other Texas city. Las Cruces has one company on the list.
Only seven El Paso companies made the list last year.
MIRATEK Corporation has appeared on the HB 500 list for 10 consecutive years, this year (2012) ranked number 294 in the 500 national list and number 8 in El Paso’s top 21.
El Paso companies on 2012 Hispanic Business 500 with ranking, 2011 revenue, and 2011 employees:
19. Fred Loya Insurance, (auto insurance agency), $438.59 million, 2,692 employees.
120. Bravo Southwest, (dba, Bravo Cadillac, new-car dealer), $46.18 million, 90.
162. RM Personnel, (staffing agency) $30.95 million, 30.
177. Integrated Human Capital/Santana Group of Companies, (staffing agency), $27 million, 23.
210. dmDickason Personnel, Services, (staffing agency) $20.91 million, 28.
268. Jaco General Contractors, $15.0 million, 16.
291. Pro Auto Dealers, (dba, Thrifty Car Sales used car dealer), $13.06 million, 15.
294. MIRATEK Corp., (federal technology contractor) $12.68 million, 120.
346. Mike Garcia Merchant Security, (security guards) $8.96 million, 250.
399. LGA Trucking, $5.28 million, 45.
411. MFH Environmental Corp., (environmental remediation), $4.92 million, 71.
422. Encon International (environmental engineering), $4.4 million, 63.
438. Five Star Automatic Fire Protection, $3.38 million, 40.
452. American Packaging and Supply Co., $2.4 million, 6.
457. Milvian Solutions (federal technology contractor) $2.08 million, 13.
466. Arrow Discount Automotive, (used car dealer) $1.8 million, 11.
471. Servepro of West El Paso, (water cleanup services), $1.5 million, 16.
472. Dynatec Scientific Laboratories, (biological testing), $1.5 million, 21.
477. H.G. Arias & Associates, (staffing agency), $1.27 million, 800.
488. Paul Meza CPA, 650,000, 9.
492. The Saucedo Co., (locksmith), $465,000, 6.
Source: Hispanicbusiness.com./El Paso Times
- Proud to announce MIRATEK is now ISO 9001:2015 certified!
- MIRATEK Announced the appointment of Robert (Bob) Sumrall as President/CEO, and Guillermo Blacker as Executive VicePresident
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises awarded AEDC $13.6 Million Contract to provide High-Speed/Hypersonic (HS/H) Test and Evaluation (T&E) Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS)
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises awarded an initial $3.6 Million, One Year Base Period and two one-year option periods DOE NNSA GMS Contract
- MIRATEK diversifies into the Health Care industry providing Information Technology Support Services to Senior Quality Lifestyles (SQLC)