The UTEP office of the Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center (TMAC) recently honored MIRATEK, a local technology information systems, business and engineering firm, for attaining ISO 9001 certification.
MIRATEK’s certification, a quality standard that will allow them to grow and seek new contracts, was achieved with support from UTEP’s TMAC office and Raytheon’s Mentor Protégé Program.
TMAC is a statewide industrial extension program funded through the U.S. Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology – Manufacturing Extension Partnership Program.
TMAC centers are located at seven universities throughout the state. The UTEP center is responsible for five far-west Texas counties. The UTEP center is housed in the College of Engineering’s Institute for Manufacturing and Materials Management and provides technical assistance and resources to small- and mid-sized manufacturing companies.
– Laura Cruz
- MIRATEK Joint Venture is awarded two DOE NNSA NSDD Contracts
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises, PERTEK, wins $10M nation wide competitive IDC Contract
- MIRATEK’s Fort Bliss Recycling Program Contract Team receives the Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB) 2015 1st Place Government Category Award
- ATAMIR WSMR – MIRATEK JV is featured in White Sand’s 2014 Post Guide
- MIRATEK Awards College Scholarships for Jefferson High School honor students