GARLAND, Texas, March 18 /PRNewswire/ — Raytheon Company has won the Department of Defense Nunn-Perry Award for outstanding achievement on the Mentor-Protege program. Under the program, established government contractorswork with small, disadvantaged businesses to help them compete more successfully for defense contracts.
The Nunn-Perry award recognizes teams that have excelled in technical development, cost efficiencies and increased business opportunities for small, disadvantaged firms. This marks the 10th time that Raytheon has received the award since its inception in 1995.
Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems received the award in recognition for its work with MIRATEK Corporation in El Paso, Texas, which is a co-recipient of the Nunn Perry Award. Under the sponsorship of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Raytheon assisted MIRATEK in enhancing its technical and business capabilities so that it could increase its role as a government subcontractor and supplier. Since September 2002, Raytheon hasprovided the Texas-based firm technical assistance and technology transfer in areas that include information assurance and security, geospatial information systems and remote sensing, and hardware development, among others.
“We are proud that Raytheon’s work with MIRATEK has been acknowledged as a successful example of mentorship in our industry,” said Mike Keebaugh, Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems president. “Raytheon is committed to developing small, disadvantaged businesses to support our customers.”
The award, which is named in honor of former Senator Sam Nunn and former Secretary of Defense William Perry, was presented to Raytheon, March 17, at the annual DoD Mentor-Protege Conference in Alexandria, Va. Presenting the award were Frank Ramos and Dr. Nancy Spruill from the Office of Undersecretary of Defense Acquisition Technology and Logistics.
Accepting the award were Paul Lovelady, Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS) vice president of Supply Chain Management; Barbara Osborn, IIS mentor program manager; Joe Diaz, MIRATEK president and CEO; and Dr. Leo Gemoets, MIRATEK commercial business development.
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2003 sales of $18.1 billion, is an industry leader in defense and government electronics, space, information technology, technical services, and business and special mission aircraft. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 78,000 people worldwide.
- Proud to announce MIRATEK is now ISO 9001:2015 certified!
- MIRATEK Announced the appointment of Robert (Bob) Sumrall as President/CEO, and Guillermo Blacker as Executive VicePresident
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises awarded AEDC $13.6 Million Contract to provide High-Speed/Hypersonic (HS/H) Test and Evaluation (T&E) Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS)
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises awarded an initial $3.6 Million, One Year Base Period and two one-year option periods DOE NNSA GMS Contract
- MIRATEK diversifies into the Health Care industry providing Information Technology Support Services to Senior Quality Lifestyles (SQLC)