MIRADOR/MIRATEK’s Fort Bliss Recycling Program Contract Team received the prestigious Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB) 2015 1st Place Government Category Award for its continued efforts to recycle right and recycle more. The KTB award reflects the commitment of the entire insta0llation to meet recycling goals and mandates. This is the fifth time Fort Bliss has received this award in the past 13 years.
The Recycling Team has implemented programs, education and changes that have taken Fort Bliss from 12% recycling rate in 2009 to 43% today.
In FY 15, the recycling team trained over 100K soldiers and civilians, participated in 70 plus outreach events, provided equipment and labor for litter free events, recognized over 130 Recycle Heroes and created the Grand Challenge program which provided $10K cash awards to military units for outstanding recycling efforts.
The Recycling Program donated $1,057,287 to MWR to fund quality of life projects for Soldiers and Families: Multipurpose field, MEF equipment, 2 lighting projects, Skate Park, Playgrounds, etc.
- MIRATEK Joint Venture is awarded two DOE NNSA NSDD Contracts
- MIRATEK Joint Venture with PERIKIN Enterprises, PERTEK, wins $10M nation wide competitive IDC Contract
- MIRATEK’s Fort Bliss Recycling Program Contract Team receives the Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB) 2015 1st Place Government Category Award
- ATAMIR WSMR – MIRATEK JV is featured in White Sand’s 2014 Post Guide
- MIRATEK Awards College Scholarships for Jefferson High School honor students